Every year Panagbenga Baguio Flower Festival is being celebrated. The meaning of “Panagbenga” originated from a Kankana-ey term which means “season of blooming”. However, do know the real meaning of the word?
Panagbenga means a season of:
- Heavy traffic within the central business business which affects other routes as well.
- Food display not the products of the province but street food products such as shawarwa, burgers, fishballs and etc.
- Flea Market offering commercialized cheap apparels and accessories instead of traditional creations of the locality.
- Garbage scattered all around. It is unfortunate to say that many local visitors from lowlands don’t know how to manage their garbage in a right place.
- Season of Snatchers, Swindlers, etc.
- Private Comfort Rooms for rent. Ihi-5 Pesos, Bawas- 10 Pesos
- What is the proper word to say? “Session Road in Bloom” or “Session Road in Mess”
Whats else did I miss?… 🙂