Under BIR eREGISTRATION SYSTEM , individual taxpayers can now register or secure Tax Identification Number (TIN) online for free.
You may use the system if you are:
- Self-employed individuals (single proprietors and professionals)
- Mixed-income earners (employee and single proprietor and/or professional at the same time)
- and those under EO No. 98 (to do business with the government) .
Warning: Never attempt to have more than 1 TIN because it is strictly prohibited by National Internal Revenue Code of 1997 and you may be criminally liable. If you forgot your TIN just go to the nearest Bureau of Internal Revenue Office and retrieve your TIN.
How to Get TIN Online – Simple Steps
1. Must have an existing valid email address (e.g. yahoomail, gmail, outlook).
2. Visit BIR ereg page and read the instructions.
3. Enter the neccessary details then submit.
** If blank page appears after pressing the submit botton, try other internet browsers (I recommend using latest internet explorer).
** BIR System may be down during your online application, just try your luck and try some other time.